Most people think of cafes, croissants and baguettes when they travel to Paris. I do too. Their food is their passion and I never had disappointing meal there. Well, maybe just one. I ordered a veggie burger at a place called Burger & Fries. They gave me lettuce, tomato, a slice of cheese and onion on a burger bun! That’s a veggie burger? Really?? I was convinced they were messing with me!
Other than that fiasco, the food was as incredible as you’ve either heard or already know from experience. When Jim and I got home from our vacation in Europe, one thing we both really missed and craved were the seafood salads with smoked salmon. I never met a salad I didn’t absolutely love there. The other night when the urge hit me hard, I had to improvise. It was delicious right down to my homemade easy peasy dressing.
For 2 dinner size servings:
- 8 – 10 oz. of Nova smoked Alaskan Salmon
- 1/2 small or medium onion (pick your favorite)
- About a dozen cherry tomatoes (I used golden yellow and red)
- About 20 steamed green beans or haricot verts
- 1/2 large avocado or a whole small one
- Mixed greens (as much as you want)
- Fresh ground pepper
- Finishing salt
- Capers (not shown – I remembered them after the pic, whoops!)
- Dressing: Mix together 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 fresh lemon squeezed for juice, 2 tsp dijon mustard, 1 tsp honey, 1/4 tsp dill, lemon pepper and a dash of Himalayan pink salt to taste)
Fill a large plate or bowl with fresh mixed greens.
Slice onions, steam and chill fresh green beans (or haricot verts), cut cherry tomatoes in half and place all these ingredients on top of the greens.
Add smoked Nova Alaskan Salmon and slices of avocado, then sprinkle with ground pepper. Add some capers then sprinkle with a small amount of fishing salt.