Welcome to the first blog of the Fall! As we jump into the new season, I want to share some of the great finds I’ve been syping and essential gear I highly recommend.
When you have some new fitness clothes you look good in, it does a little something to our self-esteem. When we look good, we feel good. Even if it’s superficial, I say so what?! If you buy some clothes that make you want to go to the gym for an extra workout or stay a little longer doing planks or foam rolling… well, that’s kinda the point! What I don’t completely get is why people wear their crummiest clothes to workout in. Like what they’d wear to change the oil in the car or clean their dogs right after they jumped into a muddy swamp. Can you really do your best workout when you wear that stuff? I don’t know. I understand not always loving what you see physically. But hiding or making yourself feel worse by wearing unflattering, grungy stuff doesn’t make sense either. So below I’m sharing some discount codes and cool fitness wear you can get pumped to wear as well as a few absolutely essential pieces of equipment I think everyone should have.
1. Metallic Leggings! I just got these from Carbon38 and I am looking for more places to wear them. To the gym with sneakers? check. Night out on the town with stilettos? check. To the movies with booties? yep. They’re stretchy so you can get them down to your ankles ever if you’re tall. The high waist band keeps the tummy in check when you’re wearing a crop top. (Get my discount code below…)
Plus, they come in every color you can want from black to blush. Be prepared for the compliments!
2. A classic trend is back! The tuxedo stripe legging. I love this new, sleek one from also from Carbon38.
If you haven’t used my discount code at Carbon38 yet, you get $25 off $100 purchase with JILLBROWN50 when you checkout
3. A stylish draped jacket to wear everywhere. I bought this one in black for my bestie last year who is the ultimate fashionista and loves it. It’s soft and snuggly, yet sexy at the same time.
5. More black lace! Alala’s new fall line has plenty of lace. I love this beautiful Shore Hoodie because you can wear this to the gym now and then to the beach in Mexico this winter.
6. Anything Gal Gadot is wearing in this picture from Reebok!
Does she look like a badass in this or what? Check out the cool hoodie and kicks. She’s bringing back the old school – Rocky Balboa style. Only hotter.
7. Ditch your dumbbellsl! If you’re not using a kettlebell yet, it’s time to kick your fear.
I have plenty of free tutorials to teach you good form on my website and more coming all the time. Like this dead lift that’s easier to do with a kettlebell than dumbbells. (while you’re there, please follow!)
What you may not realize is kettlebells are great for your back. There have been studies on using kettlebells to reduce chronic back pain. I oughtta know! I had my first of 2 spine surgeries at 35. Just learn the basics on proper form, and you’ll see results in your whole body. I saw faster changes on my body when I started using kettlebells than I ever did with dumbbells.
Take 15% off your order from ProSourceFit for kettlebells or any workout gear with the discount code: brown15
9. A No Excuse Workout. Having your own TRX will guarantee you can get a workout almost anywhere, anytime. You can travel with it to use in your hotel room. Set it up in a any room. Mine is in my backyard. Or take it out to a park. Here’s me doing the Row to Superman at a hotel gym.
Speaking of no excuses, they’re on sale right now. Not sure how to use one? Now worries, they come with an app that teaches you everything you need to know.
10. An activity tracker that shows continuous heart rate and sleep quality. I’ve used Polar for decades so I trust their technology. Their new A370 Fitness Tracker is cool looking and versatile. I toss and turn while I sleep and wake up at least once during the night. If you’re like me, you may not getting as many quality hours as you want or need. This tracker will help you on the quest to getting better sleep!
Some of the products contain affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. Any products I mention in my blogs or social media posts are products I use and trust.